2/08/2007

It's TNT NBA Thursday...

...and it's gonna be a good one. Lakers-Pistons followed by Bulls-Kings. What's more interesting to me, though, is if, and in what regard, the TNT crew talks about the Tyrus Thomas deal and, more so, John Amaechi's coming out. (I'm also interested to see if MSG discusses this, or even interviews players, in their next telecast on Saturday).

I haven't said that much about either of these issues because, frankly, I don't have that strong of an opinion on either one. (I don't mean to equate them, by the way. They're both recent.) I think Thomas' statements more reflect the state of the Dunk Contest than they do his personality. As far as Amaechi goes, I hope he's happy, and I hope we don't have to hear so much about things like this in the future. For some really interesting takes on that business, I highly reccomend checking out posts at SLAM, Clipper Blog, and Free Darko.

Some more Knicks-related things (although John Amaechi was part of the Clarence Weatherspoon deal and Tyrus Thomas was selected with the Knicks' draft pick. It all comes back to NY.):

You know he's gay, but did you know he was a Knick?

- Positivity (and a much better picture of Lee's black eye) over at Father Knickerbocker.

- Eddy Curry wants out if Isiah Thomas ever gets fired. (Mittens got CLAWS, yo!)

- Nate Robinson is immature, or something. Isn't it odd that the smallest guy around (supposedly) acts like a little kid? This is disappointing to hear, because I love Nate's game and I really thought he was proving himself earlier this year. He'll come around.


That's all for today. Enjoy tonight's games and I'll be back tomorrow. Jazz on Saturday. Peace.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, I might've worded that bit about Amaechi badly. I didn't mean to say that I don't want more NBA guys to come out of the closet. I merely meant that I hope it's not such a controversial occurrence.

1 comment:

Seth said...

anybody just see craig sager just totally botch who chris webber's dad was? if you missed it, he called webber's high school coach, "mayce webber" (his dads name) and interviewed the confused guy as if he was his father. he later found chris's real dad and admitted his error. much nervous laughing by kerr and marv albert.