- I wrote on my notepad that Eddy Curry needs to develop a face the basket game, and he immediately buried an 8 foot jumper. After that, he was completely useless.
- Speaking of Curry, I've decided on a nickname. I'm fairly proud of it, but if you've got better I'd love to hear it. Ready? "Mittens." Eddy "Mittens" Curry. The reasons are fairly simple. Have you ever tried to make/throw a snowball with mittens? It slips everywhere and you have no control. This is how Eddy Curry handles a basketball. He drops, it throws it every which way and has it stripped out of his arms. It's as if he's wearing mittens. I think the name also insinuates his general softness of demeanor. Make it stick.
- Now that Eddy Curry has a nickname, David Lee needs one. He cleans up messes, but "The Custodian" is already taken. Hmm. He keeps balls alive...I need help with this one.
- There are times when I think Frye needs to get a motivational speech from the guy who played Yul Brenner in Cool Runnings. Speaking of which, the actor Leon (Derice Bannock) was at the game.
- Man, Marbury and Francis look old. The effort is lacking, but these guys look as if they've actually lost the skills that made them famous. They both simply cannot get to the basket. The physical strength and agility is completely missing.
- Question: When they have commercials for TV's and stuff like that, the images on the televisions are often these really generic sports scenes. Do they stage fake football and basketball games with guys in two-color, nameless jerseys solely for these commercials? I need to know.
- Finally, The Block. Wow. For those of you who missed it, Yao Ming went to
Anyway, an aggravating loss, but nothing new when it comes to 2006 Knicks basketball. Oh well. See ya tomorrow.