Here's what's floating around the internet the night after we got THISCLOSE...
- Stop Mike Lupica on the game. By the way, I wasn't completely pleased with Marbury's jacking up a three when the Knicks were up 1, but now that I look at it, Steph had 39 points, he was a red hot 8-10 from downtown, and absolutely no one else had any offense going. It's hard to argue that. I wouldn't have minded a drive to the hole instead. Just saying.
- The Father Knickerbocker breakdown. I'm happy to see that most thinking Knick fans aren't blaming Marbury for the loss. As I was leaving the Garden last night, someone said "Why does Marbury have to SUCK so much!?" That just ain't fair to a guy who dropped 40 points, and single-handedly carried the lifeless Knicks to the brink of victory. Needless to say, I stabbed that guy. Anyone know a good spot to dump a body in Northern Jersey?
- I mentioned it only in passing last night, but I don't think we're gonna see a very dominant Eddy Curry for quite some time. Reasons:
1. Crawford is without question the best on the team at finding Curry in the right spot. Collins and Marbury get their lobs into the big man picked off with regularity. Crawford is also the only one who can work the alley-oop with Curry.
2. With no Crawford, no Lee (for now) and a struggling Quentin Richardson, Curry is very easily doubled. I said it last night, but teams are perfectly willing to leave guys like Jeffries, Collins, and Rose wide open.
3. He just looks sad and tired.
- Rashard Lewis is gonna be a free agent this summer, and wouldn't rule out coming to the Big Apple. I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment. Your thoughts?
Anyway, that's it for today. It's a real bummer that we have to wait till Saturday to make up ground after that painful loss. And even then, we have to play the very difficult Wizards on their home court. Here's hoping the Nets and Magic suck the big one between now and then. Backatcha tomorrow, kids. Peace.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the new NBA Carnival is up over at the Hype. It's a good'un. Go check it out.
Posted by Seth at 4:28 PM