- R.I.P. Dennis Johnson. The NBA legend died at 52.
- David Crockett at Knickerblogger, in regards to the Sixers game, compares the Knicks to Charlie Brown. A solid parallel, in my opinion. Just when the Knicks show potential, they fall flat on their face. And just like Lucy's football, it gets me every time. (The same could be said, as is pointed out in the post, for misleading blowout losses that make it seem as if the sky is falling. This team is fickle.)
- As you surely know, the Knicks didn't make a deal. Pretty much nobody did. I'm happy for the Knicks and disappointed in the rest of the league. It was kinda like the boys and girls at a 7th grade social, with the various teams standing across the room from one another and checking each other out, but never actually dancing. Pussies.
- Unrelated, but the Nugg Doctor got to visit a Nuggets practice. Unfortunately, he couldn't snatch me a sock to finish my Eduardo Najera shrine. The search continues...
- I like to include at least one picture with every post...so here's a three-toed sloth.
That's it for today, kids. Tonight's TNT doubleheader features Chicago and Cleveland followed by Miami and Dallas. The Knicks next game is tomorrow against the Bucks. I'll have your game thread tomorrow (possibly early in the morning). Peace.