12/18/2006

100 Posts!


In kindergarten and first grade, we used to celebrate the 100th day of school. We'd make structures out of 100 popsicle sticks, measure 100 footsteps down the hallway (it's so far!), and make baller-ass necklaces out of 100 Cheerios. All of this taught me the importance and majesty of that fine number.

Well, this is the 100th post here at Your New York Knicks. I didn't really think I'd come this far. This whole thing started on a whim about two months ago. I had some killer insomnia one night, decided to put together a little blogger setup, wrote my first post, slept on it, and published it the next day. (Little known fact: this site was "Knickler" for a few hours. I'm glad I changed that.)

Anyway, it's been two months tomorrow. For someone who was never really written anything worthwhile in his life, I'm pretty pleased with how this has turned out. Generally, somewhere between 50 and 100 kids stop by these parts everyday. It's a number that bows and quivers in the shadow of the basketball blogsmith titans, but it keeps me putting stuff up. Anyway, thanks for visiting, feel free to leave any suggestions, comments, and damnations you please.

Special thanks must be given to the Nugg Doctor, Deadspin, Bullets Forever, Suns on Fire, the Rising Suns, Knickerblogger, Pounding the Rock, Bench Renaldo, Slam Online, The Basketball Jones, Knicks Online, Yay Sports, Live From Section 404, Indy Cornrows, The Hype, Lowpost, and all the other important persons who have commented on or linked to this page. (Links to everyone I mention are on the sidebar in alphabetical order, another key lesson from 1st grade.)

Xtra Special thanks go to Ryan McNeill for having me on his Hoops Addict Podcast, the Knicks for being so goddamn whacky, and to James Naismith for inventing basketball.

And of course, no thank you would be complete without giving props to the Man Upstairs for inventing James Naismith, the Knicks, Walt Frazier, facial hair, churros, and gangsta rap.

Anyway, thanks again to all Knick fans, basketball fans, blog fans, and ceiling fans that visit the site. You stay classy.

Time to go watch me some Knicks basketball. Peace.

EDIT: Big thanks to the goddamn hilarious Suns Gossip too. I probably forgot more.

No comments: