11/04/2006

Is This a Cat in a Hat?


Well, I missed all of the game last night. It looks as if it was just an exaggeration of the Memphis game, with Frye and Crawford whiffing on offense and the Atlanta guards having their ways on defense. Though the Knicks were able to suppress the superstar stylings of Tyronn Lue and Speedy Claxton, Joe Johnson went thoroughly bananas. Once again, the guys had problems with foul trouble and technicals. Not good, but not the end of the world.

Anyway, I missed the game because I was seeing the opening night showing of the Borat movie. I wouldn't call it the funniest movie of all time, but it is surely the greatest comedic accomplishment I've ever seen. I previously thought the Jackass guys had gone the farthest to be funny, but Sacha Baron Cohen has taken it to a whole new level. I highly reccomend this movie, whether you are an Ali G fan or not. (By the way, I was surprised to see that about a quarter of the people there were senior citizens. I'm pretty sure the stuff they do in that film woulda given me a heart attack if I was that old.)

Tonight, for the first time in my life, I will be attending the Knicks' home opener, and getting my free hat. Isiah Thomas will be taking on his former employer, in what has often been a fun team matchup. This needs to be the game that Chan gets his shooting touch and defense back together, cause Jermaine O'Neal must be contained. If he isn't getting contested and picking up fouls, it's gonna be hard to outscore that team. Let's do this.

Sup, ladies. Oh, this? It's just a throwback Knicks hat presented by Foot Locker. Yes, I know.

No comments: